ididjeri-Views

Our regular blog covering all aspects of our work helping couples plan their Antipodean wedding from the UK

And here I am ...

7 July 2009

I'm super excited to be posting my very first ididjeridoo blog!

So what is ididjeridoo and why is it worth having a blog?

I launched ididjeridoo for two very good reasons ...

1. Having planned my own Sydney based wedding from London, I couldn't help but think how useful it would be to have a UK based Antipodean wedding planner that I could bounce my ideas off. Then ... I began to wonder how many Antipodeans living in the UK (and there are almost half a million of us) were going home to get hitched and struggling to plan the whole thing across the world, on their own just like me. I realized there was a gaping hole in the market and a genuine need for a London-based wedding and event planner specifically designed to help Antipodean brides returning ‘home’ to get married ... which leads me to the reason two ...

2. I come from a creative mould; a childhood that encompassed performance, music and dance. I always knew that my gifts were in the art of expression whether it be singing, scrap booking, photography, poetry, fashion, illustration and design. It was what I indulged in. I spent hours collecting cards and drawing, writing lyrics and carefully adding them to my collection. I had an eye for detail and a passion for craft but it wouldn't influence my career until much later.

After more than a decade of administrative rot and unfulfilling roles, I made a decision to challenge myself and finally launch a concept that I knew would make a difference not only within the wedding industry but also within myself. So here I am, encouraged by my own strength and embracing my creative abilities for the first time in too long and loving every minute.

ididjeridoo is all about making the journey from engagement to marriage stress-free and enjoyable for Antipodeans headed home. We are a service driven consultancy and we operate under two very different banners that can be employed separately or as an all-in-one. Firstly we offer advice. We understand that not every couple has the need for a wedding planner. I know of some couples that are so clued up on what their day will entail, hiring a professional could prove pointless. That doesn't necessarily mean however that the same couple may not need someone to run through a checklist to make sure that everything has been thought of or assist with booking a last minute celebrant or even advise on how to get all the paperwork sorted before they get on that plane.

Every bride can do with a few tips and advice, which is why ididjeridoo offer just that without further obligation on the client's part.

Of course there are also couples who need the whole shebang; no idea where to start and requiring all the details taken care of from conception to completion. For this we assure expert planning, meticulous organization and flawless attention to detail by offering packages that can be tailored and are purely a guideline for the busy couple.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

about ididjeridoo

Aussie girl heads to London in search of adventure and soon falls for Kiwi boy. The pair begin to plan their Sydney wedding from across the globe and quickly discover a distinct lack of help available for UK based Antipodeans returning 'home' to tie the knot. How many couples are struggling with their long distance wedding planning just like us, they wondered ...

more about ididjeridoo here

subscribe to the blog

RSS

get the latest ididjeri-Views in your feed reader

get blog posts by email

enter your email address to get ididjeriviews delivered to your inbox

follow us on twitter

RSS

regular tips & advice from ididjeriviews on Twitter

Shadan of ididjeridoo

Shadan is the Aussie girl who married a Kiwi boy, and discovered first hand the lack of help available for UK-based Antipodeans returning "home" to marry.

After more than a decade of customer focused roles, including personal assistant and events coordination, Shadan longed for a new challenge, doing something she was truly passionate about.

From a genuine desire to put her knowledge and love of all things wedding-y to good use, sprung forth a unique concept that makes long distance wedding planning special and simple for brides just like Shadan...

Read more about Shadan here

On the ididjeridoo site

homeblog

servicesabout

contactprivacy

sitemaplinks

 

 

© ididjeridoo 2008-2009

Web design by WillsonWebDesign

Contact ididjeridoo

We will only use your details to contact you about ididjeridoo wedding planning services, we won't give your details to anyone else