ididjeri-Views

Our regular blog covering all aspects of our work helping couples plan their Antipodean wedding from the UK

When you find THE dress

8 July 2009

For me and for perhaps every other bride-to-be, when considering THE dress, it to be something that said ‘this is me in my element’. I didn’t want was in fashion or what would make my 32ff’s look pert and my pear shaped bum taut, I wanted a dress that made me feel fabulous and that didn’t detract from my personality. So I thought about the look I wanted to create, I thought about what makes me ME. And soon enough I had in mind the perfect dress. Problem was, I hadn’t actually seen it anywhere. I was on a mission.

Luckily I started my search early. I found a dressmaker back in Australia who was willing to create the gown of my dreams, to whom I paid my 50% deposit upfront and began discussing fabrics and trimmings on a daily basis.

It was all coming together perfectly … until my dress-maker went missing and I soon discovered that her company had gone into liquidation and I was one of many women who had lost not only a large sum of money but months of working with someone who had promosed to create my perfect wedding gown. Disaster had struck, but as I said, lucky for me I’d begun the search early, which meant, the only thing I really lost was money and not time.

So the search for a dress continued and this time I decided that buying in London would be wise. I trawled the internet searching for all the elements that would make my gown until I found it. Exactly what I wanted bar a few minor alterations and for a price I could well afford.

Here I am at my very first fitting. I had no desire to wear a veil until the shop assistant placed one on my head and I was instantly sold. It completed the look and I couldn’t help but swish back and forth around the shop like I was Cinderella. ‘You look stunning’ gushed the shop assistant. To which I replied ‘I know!’

I had a few things done to the dress like changing the 80s bows on the back to buttons but in the end, I ended up opting for a store bought dress, which was never the intention. And I didn’t only buy it because of the previous drama. I genuinely fell in love with it and knew it was for me, which is why I would encourage every bride to search beyond what you won’t compromise on because in doing so you may just nab your dream dress, for less than you bargained for!

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

about ididjeridoo

Aussie girl heads to London in search of adventure and soon falls for Kiwi boy. The pair begin to plan their Sydney wedding from across the globe and quickly discover a distinct lack of help available for UK based Antipodeans returning 'home' to tie the knot. How many couples are struggling with their long distance wedding planning just like us, they wondered ...

more about ididjeridoo here

subscribe to the blog

RSS

get the latest ididjeri-Views in your feed reader

get blog posts by email

enter your email address to get ididjeriviews delivered to your inbox

follow us on twitter

RSS

regular tips & advice from ididjeriviews on Twitter

Shadan of ididjeridoo

Shadan is the Aussie girl who married a Kiwi boy, and discovered first hand the lack of help available for UK-based Antipodeans returning "home" to marry.

After more than a decade of customer focused roles, including personal assistant and events coordination, Shadan longed for a new challenge, doing something she was truly passionate about.

From a genuine desire to put her knowledge and love of all things wedding-y to good use, sprung forth a unique concept that makes long distance wedding planning special and simple for brides just like Shadan...

Read more about Shadan here

On the ididjeridoo site

homeblog

servicesabout

contactprivacy

sitemaplinks

 

 

© ididjeridoo 2008-2009

Web design by WillsonWebDesign

Contact ididjeridoo

We will only use your details to contact you about ididjeridoo wedding planning services, we won't give your details to anyone else